My Other Sites
For general information about me and links to other sites see https://dantappan.net
Some of the places where my photos have been published:
- Weston Life Magazine – August 2015
- Pressconnects.com – article on the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival
- Graphics on CDs by various musicians including: Rich Eilbert, Bob Halperin, …
Some of my favorite venues for hearing music and photographing shows
- Club Passim, one of the oldest folk music coffeehouses in the country. Great sound, and intimate viewing of a lot of great performers – over 300 shows a year. Seating is also fairly intimate, it’s a small room.
- The Circle of Friends Coffeehouse in Franklin MA
- The Me & Thee Coffeehouse in Marblehead MA
- The Homegrown Coffeehouse in Needham MA
- The Parlor Room in Northampton MA. A fairly new venue presenting a lot of quality acts
- The Burren Somerville. A bar which strongly supports the local music scene. Since this is a bar it’s not as much of a listening room as some of the above but still a good place to hear acts that might not play the larger rooms.
Some of the quality open mikes in the Boston area that I am familiar with:
- The PCA Open Mike in Westford, MA. A 10 year open mike run by John Ferullo
- The Natick Center for Arts Open Mike. Tuesday nights, run by Mark Stepakoff.
- The Club Passim Open Mike. Famous as the starting place for a lot of now professional musicians.
Other Music Photographers
There are a number of other people in the Boston area who also photograph a lot of Concerts and other Music Events. These include:
- Dan Senie, mostly does art photography, but he has been known to photograph concerts, and often takes my photo when I’m playing an open mike
- Jake Jacobson (A Sharper Eye Photography) photographs a lot of the same type of shows as I do.
- Neale Eckstein (Fox Run Studio) also photographs a lot of musicians and concerts, Neale is especially good with candid shots.
- Mark Longo, also mostly art photography but shoots occasional concerts
- Jess Wrubel (Razzi Entertainment). Photographs a lot of folk/acoustic shows, often in the Providence RI area.